About Me

Thursday, July 30, 2026

…amidst the heat of Summer ‘Fessions


 It’s definitely been feeling hot hot hot! 

The heat of the summer has been strong this month. Despite Momma N testing my love of the season, there’s been a lot happening, outdoors and otherwise. 

As luck would have it, another month is winding down. Shall we hit the ‘fessional, so we can start the new month with a clear mind? 

If you’ll allow me to get this ‘Fession party started…

Let me begin by runfessing that I went an entire week with no miles logged in the running shoes. Suffice it to say I was busy on the bike (two days of RAGBRAI), the heat was killer, and then I was recovering from both, LOL. Did I have any regrets or FOMO? Nope!

Finally, a 3-miler after an 8-day sabbatical 

Speaking of RAGBRAI, I have to bikefess it was a blast repping my company on our team of cyclists for two days. Momma N granted us two pleasant days of moderate temps (after a very hot and humid start to the week), but the 15mph headwind on Tuesday’s ride was rather evil of her. Just saying.


My RAGBRAI recovery felt sufficient by Saturday (a week ago), so I got out for a 14-mile ride while I was out of town that morning. There wasn’t time to ride any further, but I knew there was a 40K Weekend Biking badge up for grabs, via Garmin. So, I Garminfess that I might have “paused” the ride and “resumed” it when I got back to town and rode the remaining 11+ miles to get to the 40K mark. I was planning to ride again anyways, so why not? 

Just this week, I was out on the bike again. As I rode past a huge field of corn, it occurred to me what a great photo opp the tall corn stalks would be. I made a mental note to stop for a pic after my turn-around, and demonstrate just how tall those stalks really are. Only, I called one of the daughters and was so caught up in the conversation that I rode right on by said corn stalks (#FacePalm). It wasn’t until after I’d gotten home, and our conversation had ended, that I realized my absentmindedness. What’s a blogger to do? Let me sheepishly cornfess that I loaded the bike and drove back to the trail and took care of things (title pic, above, is proof). Truth! 

Finally, I think we all know how much I love my full moon runs. Ideally, I prefer to do those runs in the evening hours. I heard the Buck Moon was officially rising, though, after midnight on Tuesday. Since I was already out and about in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, I moonless that I took full advantage of its beauty and called it good. 


Okay, that’s all better now. I came, I blogged, and I runfessed. I think I’m ready for August, though I’m a bit in denial that June and July both flew by at record speed. 

You’ve heard my ‘fessions, do you have any to share? C’mon, we’re all friends here, LOL!

I’m linking this with Marcia for the monthly Runfessions link-up


By the way...are you following me on social media?
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter


4 comments:

  1. I saw the (nearly full) moon this morning when I went out to my track and I thought of you. Nice that you got your full moon moment even if it wasn't the usual evening run.
    Here’s to a great August (although I agree, how is summer flying by so quickly?!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm not sure what happened to June and July but they went fast.

    My big fession is that I put in another attempt at run/walk and...ugh running is still not wanting to click with me. I think my next thing is going to be Japanese walking (very simple fast/slow interval walking). But that's just for when I'm at home. Right now I'm on a road trip and getting my steps in has not been a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cornfield pic was worth the return trip! I runfess I totally missed the Buck moon. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have absolutely gone back for that corn photos! It's gorgeous!

    We had a beautiful moon this week. I don't know if it was the Buck Moon, but I caught it on an early morning run and it was absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete