…and, just like that, it feels like Summer has hit the gas pedal, full throttle, and is speeding outta here.
While most are ecstatic for the heat to leave, I’m not in that camp, LOL. While that’s not a new revelation, it always surprises me how quickly the summer season comes to an end. Even with a few sporadic remaining heat waves to enjoy, the diminishing daylight is always a buzzkill.
That being said, it’s great timing to hit the ‘Fessional with some late-Summer ‘fessions. Believe it or not, there’s plenty to discuss.
If you’ll allow me to begin…
As the sunrises are coming later, I’ll start by runfessing that I’m not enjoying the increasing darkness. Just this week, I stuck around and ran a couple of extra miles after the 4:45 group run. It wasn’t that long ago that we had full daylight after finishing our 3-mile route. Now, after five miles, I still had nearly complete darkness. Kind of an end-of-summer bummer!
The temps have plummeted, already, on a few random early mornings. We’re talking sub-60F! The last time I checked, it was still August. Let me chillfess, I’m totally not ready for this kind of nonsense. Ironically, a Facebook memory popped up, from exactly a year ago, with the same sentiments, LOL.
It’s hard to believe (or even admit) that the fall racing season is right around the corner. I only have one event on the calendar at the moment. If I can racefess, though, rumor has it I may add last-minute 10K over Labor Day weekend. Stay tuned.
It’s been a pretty mild season in terms of pesky bugs. That all changed, though, in recent weeks. I went for an early evening ride with Barb last weekend. It was getting dark (ugh, have I mentioned the dwindling daylight?), but I need to bugfess we were afraid to ditch the shades because our eyes needed the bug shield.
Finally, I gotta give another shoutout to these pretzel nuggets! They’re not only my current favorite snack, but I have to pretzelfess that I’ve been stockpiling some of the empty containers. They’re perfect for not only other pretzels and snacks, but also dog treats!
Okay, that’s all better! I’ve done enough ‘fessing for now. Your turn…
What kind of ‘fessions do you have to disclose? Dwindling daylight distress? Cool temps? Bugs?
I’m linking this with Marcia for the monthly Runfessions link-up






I’m noticing the dwindling daylight too, especially the earlier sunsets! It’s kind of fascinating to see it on Strava, though: all the runners in South Africa are experiencing the exact opposite right now and celebrating earlier and earlier sunrises. Well, at least that evens things out a bit!
ReplyDeleteAnd a 10K sounds like fun! I’ll be watching to see if that racefess becomes official!
It IS such a bummer to be losing the daylight. It seems to have sped-up in the past few weeks.
DeleteYes, as much as I'm wanting cooler weather, I'm not a fan of the shorter days. I actually don't mind it getting dark earlier- that feels kind of cozy to me. But I don't like the dark mornings one bit!!!
ReplyDeleteI would love a 55 degree morning- I'm envious!
The 55-degree mornings feel cold right now, but are comfortable for running. They’re very cold for walking, though, and freezing on a bike!
DeleteI am noticing the darker mornings too. Luckily I can head out at 5:45 instead of 4:45 and don’t have to go too far in the dark.
ReplyDeleteLOL on your empty pretzel container collection!
I love that 5-6 week window, in the summer, when we have pretty much full daylight by 5:00!
DeleteI'm not a fan of the growing darkness either. Our after-dinner walks are ending just after sunset now. No bueno. The mornings are dark now too, although it helps the dogs sleep longer. Haha! It was 52 degrees here the other morning and I runfess I loved it!
ReplyDeleteI don’t think it affects Max …he rises when I’m I’m up and moving. Though, on occasion, he wakes before me & gets my attention to take him outside.
DeleteWhile I am happy to wave goodbye to the heat I am not a fan of the dwindling daylight. I am jealous of your mornings in the 50s - still quite warm here even in the early hours.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your upcoming race!
Those early morning temps still have humidity, though. I don’t feel the dampness until I’ve stopped running. Then, the sweat oozes out everywhere, LOL
DeleteYes on the dark temps but yes on the cooler temps. it's been a tough summer for runners but swimmer and bikers, much better.
ReplyDeleteFall is a big racing season around here. I have quite a few on my plate...and tempted to add more.
Fall does have a lot of races, but I just have t had the interest like I used to. Of course, I’m looking forward to Iowa football, so I’ll be busy most Saturdays…
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete