How does a relaxing cup of coffee (or tea, or water , or fill-in-the-blank) sound?
Would you be sipping a warm beverage, or do you prefer chilled drinks this time of year? Although the temps are warm (actually, they’ve been downright scalding at times), I still gotta have my morning beverage hot. Call me weird, LOL.
That said, I can still take a”chill,” and enjoy the moment as I sip away…
Care to join me for some conversation?
As we chill and chat, I’d start the conversation rolling by sharing my July stats. Although it was a busy month with four scheduled events, the running miles were nothing grandiose. I did take a week off, during RAGBRAI, since I was busy on the bike (and the biking miles reflect that). Walking, as per usual, remained a constant.
As we chill & chat, I’ll tell you about my sadness in hearing about Tom Keifer. Having just seen him on July 19th, it was a shock to hear he’d cancelled his remaining tour dates (only a week later!), due to vocal injuries. It’s pretty surreal to think I may have seen him at one of his final performances. Hopefully, he’s able to heal and return to the stage.
As we chill & chat, there’s (currently) nothing on my August fitness calendar. Well, I will not be sitting idle, LOL. I mean, I do have the IMT Des Moines 13.1 happening in October, so I will be staying active in maintenance mode. There is an abundance of upcoming concerts, though (many of which are courtesy of the Iowa State Fair). Somehow, I think I’ll manage.
![]() |
| We already had a concert on August 1st…the Pork Tornadoes |
![]() |
| ..and Not Quite brothers on Thursday night (August 6th) |
As we chill and chat, I’ll show you this Facebook memory that popped up recently. If my math and astronomy knowledge are accurate, July’s Buck Moon run should be my 66th full moon run to date! WOW, I never would have seen that coming when all these full moon runs began in May of ‘21!
As we chill and chat, I’d have to bring up these pretzel nuggets again in conversation. I first discovered these a few months ago, right before my Naughty NOTHY birthday party. Since then, they have become an absolute favorite snack. I’m seeing them everywhere now, and every store that sells food seems to have their own “generic” version of them as well. Anyone know when these first came on the scene?
Well, I think I’m about due for a second beverage, so I’ll let someone else have the floor.
If we were chilling and chatting, what would you share with the group?
Since it's the first weekend of the month, I'm linking this with Deborah and Coco for the Ultimate Coffee Date









I can't believe you're already up to 66 full moon runs! What started as a fun idea has really become your signature. It's amazing that you've kept the tradition going for more than five years!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy all those August concerts, even if your race calendar is taking a little breather!
Oh, I’m looking forward to all the August concerts! B
DeleteSounds like August will be a fun month for you! It's not a great month for racing anyway because of the heat. A half in October sounds like the perfect plan.
ReplyDeletePretzel nuggets... yes, I do see them everywhere. I think Trader Joe's was the first place I ever got them and it was several years ago. They're good... TOO good. I try to keep them out of my house.
Yeah, seems like they’ve been around for awhile and I must have had my head in the sand…
DeleteI do enjoy a hot coffee even when it’s so hot out! Sounds like you are having a fun summer of fitness and music events. I need to get that Iowa state fair one of these years! I have not had those PNB pretzels in a long time but they are yummy
ReplyDeleteThe pretzels are mucho yummy!
DeleteEvery morning of my adult life has started with a nice hot cup of coffee. It will never be too hot to skip that.
ReplyDeleteI was around for two of your July walking miles!!! Woo hoo!!!
I almost never think to have PB filled pretzels, but they are a tasty snack.
I’m SO glad you were a part of my walking miles!
DeleteGood for you for getting out to so many music events. They make summer more fun for sure. I've been enjoying PB pretzels for years. They make a great pre-race snack. Carbs + protein + salt = FUEL! Haha!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly on the pretzels!
DeleteI always want hot coffee.
ReplyDeleteAre those PB-filled pretzels? The salty-sweet combo is hard to resist. I remember a flavor filled with a powdery, bright orange processed cheese product too.
Yes, PB-filled and highly addictive!
DeleteWow that's a lot of full moon runs you've done! And as I've mentioned to you before, I will always think of you now whenever I see a full moon. :-)
ReplyDeleteAfter sending you that picture of the peanut butter filled pretzels earlier this week, I meant to add it to my coffee chat post, but forgot! Somehow I refrained from eating "too many" of them during our drive that day. They are absolutely my most tempting treat to overeat. ;-)
Those pretzels have improved my snacking game :-)
DeleteWow - those full moon runs are cool! I do love PB pretzels - I love anything sweet/salty and anything with PB. Have you had chocoalte covered PB filled pretzels? Those are amazing!
ReplyDeleteOh, there’s chocolate-covered ones? With peanut butter??
DeleteHow funny! I just bought some of those PB filled pretzels from Publix this past week. And devoured them. They are so addictive.
ReplyDeleteI love all the full moon runs you've completed! What a legacy!
The full moon runs have become a much-anticipated monthly gig :-)
DeleteVery belatedly catching up! I don't use facebook that much anymore but I do like seeing the little "your ___ from ___ years ago" popups! 66 full moon runs is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThose pretzel nuggets are so very addicting. I have to keep em' out of the house or I'd eat em' all in one sitting, haha.