Here we are, entering October.
As with each new month, I’m dumbfounded by how quickly the previous month has flown by. It seems like it was just a few days ago I was embarking on a relaxing 3-day Labor Day weekend.
Nonetheless, the new month signifies the monthly gathering around our virtual table for some virtual coffee talk. It’s always fun getting together and chatting as we sip our beverages of choice (mine is a Hazelnut Cappuccino).
Anyways, shall we get this party started?
If we were gathered and chatting, I’d start off by sharing my September stats. Running was decent, but definitely on the conservative spectrum. Walking held its own. Biking wasn’t bad, but the majority of those miles were via the spin bike.
If we were gathered and chatting, I’d tell you about the September full moon run. Usually, I’m all about this monthly ritual, but this most recent one was almost a DNS. I can wholeheartedly blame it on the rainy weather, and my eagerness wasn’t too stellar as a result. Thankfully, Momma N showed me some grace, and allowed some of the clouds to clear late Sunday evening. It may have been a day late, but the Harvest Moon looked full (enough) to me.
Next, if we were gathered and chatting, I’d share my latest acquisition: battle wounds! Last Friday, I misjudged the width of a steel doorway in the skywalk while “quickly” cropping a selfie. It felt like I was hit by a bus, upon impact, and I had a good-sized bump to show for it within seconds. I spent the afternoon holding an ice pack against my forehead and all appeared fine. Fast-forward to Monday evening, and the yellow bruising appeared, followed by what looked like a black eye the next morning. Where, exactly, was all that color three days prior? Apparently, I was not yet outta the woods.
![]() |
| Clockwise from top left: moments after the grand crash, a few hours after icing the point of contact, my wrist took a beating as well, the bruising appearing three days later |
![]() |
| Returning to the scene of the crime…you can see the steel doorway divider is nearly invisible from a distance |
Also, if we were gathered and chatting, I’d ask what your thoughts are on the baggy jeans trend? While I don’t think skinny-cuts are a great option for everyone, I’m just not embracing the loose-fit ones either. And the recent barrel style is very tough to pull off, regardless of one’s height. Well, Yours Truly finally gave into the loose-fitting jean scene. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I actually liked these much more than anticipated after seeing them on me.
Anyways, those are just a few things I’d be chatting about if we were gathered together. I’ve had the floor long enough, so I’ll go grab a refill and let everyone lose have a chance to share their thoughts.
So, if we were gathered and chatting, what would you care to share?
Since it's the first weekend of the month, I'm linking this with Deborah and Coco for the Ultimate Coffee Date









Uff, that bump looks serious, Kim!! It nearly looks as if you RAN into that divider! Good that you could ice it!
ReplyDeleteI wonder how many times that has happened to other people already? Probably would be a good idea to put up some kind of big green plant in front of it.
Ouch, the skywalk is vicious! It takes no prisoners!
ReplyDeleteIt's time for me to fess up that I had my own little incident in Des Moines right before we met for dinner, in a skywalk adjacent location. I had just gotten to the Airbnb, and I was a bit road tired. There was a glass wall in the lobby of the building where I was staying, and I walked right into it! My nose took all of the impact! I didn't hit it hard enough to bleed or bruise, but my nose was sore for a few days afterwards.
Those jeans don't look baggy, they look good!
That bump on your head looks painful and I'm glad it wasn't any worse. And wow that metal door thing and the carpet match too well. I bet you're not the first person to bump into it.
ReplyDeleteYour new jeans look good on you! They're not so crazy baggy like some I've seen that look like two people could fit in them. Those are not the least bit flattering... IMHO, but hey what do I know, I'm an old woman! :-)
Oof, that’s quite a bump on your head! Glad it’s fading well.
ReplyDeleteI never like how baggy/barrel or even boot cut jeans look on me. I don’t think I have the height to balance them out.
I hope you have good running weather in October!
OUCH. That looks painful- and I can totally see how it happened. They should paint that a bright color!
ReplyDeleteThose jeans look good on you! My daughter wears REALLY baggy jeans, and those look good on her as well. Style-wise it seems like all sorts of things are fine right now. Figure-wise, some of them can be hard to pull off!
Oh ouchie on the bump! And look at the color show after! Yikes. I agree with Jenny they should paint that frame a hi-viz color. I recently bought "wide leg" jeans that are slimmer around the hips and thighs but then widen as they go down. I hated the barrel style on me and did not try the baggy. They look good on you but I suspect they'd look sloppy on me.
ReplyDeleteOuch on the head bump and bruise! Selfie injuries :) I am not a fan of barrel jeans on myself but taller people seem to pull them off. I like a boot cut or tapered leg. Jeans stress me out more than bathing suits!
ReplyDeleteOh that bump looks painful! I like your new jeans. I'm pretty sure I'm too short to pull off baggy jeans. I usually opt for bootcut, but I agree with Deborah, jean shopping stresses me out LOL.
ReplyDeleteOMG your bump!! Ouch! I've definitely fallen on uneven sidewalks, especially since it is so dark when I'm out running. I have wide leg jeans and some barrel-shaped black pants that are comfy and I wear as part of my soccer mom outfit. I haven't worn skinny jeans in years now and don't know if I would be ready to go back. The pants look great on you!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's a decent bump in the head. I'm glad you're ok!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of baggy jeans, I've always loved skinny jeans and still do but recently I've felt that jeans never fit me! It's something about having an arched lower back and the very long-lasting trend of high-waisted everything. This summer I've embraced leggings of every sort, and also found nice wide and barrel style linen pants that I like. But those pants look good on you! I wouldn't label them as baggy, they just look relaxed.