Thursday, September 3, 2026

How About A Heated Coffee Chat

Anyone up for a “heated” coffee chat? 

I’m asking because the temps have been flirting with triple digits, and there’s no immediate chill in the air. I’m a devoted hot beverage gal, no matter the season, so I’m content with the situation. 

Care to join the conversation?

If you join me, at this heated coffee chat, I’ll start by sharing my August stats. Although it’s weird to see my running miles barely passing the 50-mile mark, I’m totally at ease and do not feel the least bit disappointed. I’ve never been a high mileage gal, but I usually was closer to the 80-90 mark in years prior. I’m not having any problems with my race performance, so there’s no need to pile-on excess miles. Besides, I keep plenty active with walking and biking, as well as strength-training. No harm, no foul!


Next, at this heated coffee chat, I’d tell you about the full moon, the lunar eclipse, and some possible  subsequent craziness (from said full moon). The full moon itself was beautiful, and lit up the night sky for almost four evenings. The lunar eclipse was fun to observe (says this astronomy geek). But, Monday was a major day of chaos at the office. This particular day involved last-day-of-the-month stuff, several in-charge peeps on vacation (therefore leaving myself pseudo in-charge, by default), upwards of 1,000,000 phone calls, and numerous stressed co-workers. By then, the fun was outta the picture, so who knows what was going on. But, we made it through!


Speaking of the office, our president announced a Team Spirit Day & pizza lunch, happening on Friday, in celebration of football season. If you were joining me, at this heated coffee chat, I’d tell you how excited I am for college football! The Iowa Hawkeyes have their opening game on Saturday and I’m gonna be there with bells on (so to speak, LOL). The following weekend is the big Iowa-IowaState game, and I’m planning on witnessing that showdown in-person as well! Go Hawks!

From last year’s Iowa-Iowa Stare game( the temps were about 40-degrees cooler)

Ready for some Iowa football!

With next weekend’s Cy-Hawk game happening, I’ll be sacrificing the monthly coffee meet-up with my local gals (see how I brought the conversation back to coffee?). These gals and I randomly met, back in the late winter, at a coffee gathering for a local women’s activity group. Several of us have become quite close, and are in frequent contact with each other. That’s one heated coffee chat I’m really bummed to miss. Sigh. 


Finally, if you were joining me at this heated coffee chat, I’d share my excitement for the upcoming Labor Day weekend! My two out-of-state daughters are getting here, one for a long weekend and the other for the entire week. It’ll be the first time I’ve had all three kids under my roof since Christmas. Yes, I’m a bit giddy! 


So, yeah. It’s a bit warm, but I’m always game for a hot beverage. Throw in some lively conversation and it’s a win-win! 

If you were joining this heated coffee chat, what would you share? 

Since  it's the first weekend of the month, I'm linking this with Deborah and Coco for the Ultimate Coffee Date



By the way...are you following me on social media?
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment