Thursday, July 30, 2015

More to know about me, but were afraid to ask

Here's a freebie fact that didn't need a question....I cross almost every finish line with my hands in the air, because every finish line is a victory


Recently, I was tagged to participate in a survey of random questions and answers. I don't keep too many secrets about my likes or dislikes, but there's always something to learn. So, here you go.....some more trivial facts about me.....


What is something people might be surprised to learn about me?

Not to brag, but I'm kind of a genius with a pair of knitting needles. I learned how to knit when I was young (grade school), and have made numerous sweaters, scarves, wrist-warmers....you name it. I kind of have a 3-dimensional brain; I can see a neat sweater, or a funky scarf, etc. in a store or in a magazine and can "plaguerize" it without a pattern.

A very small sampling of a few of my creations

Have you met someone famous?

Yes, David Letterman (when I was in 8th grade), but last year I met Meb Keflezighi (at the Quad Cities Times Bix7) and Shalane Flanagan (at the Rock'N Roll-Chicago).

It was indeed an honor to meet both of these running greats

What is something you hope will never come back in style?

80's/90's style hair! Yes, I was also guilty of the fried and dyed 'do with dorky bangs....WHAT was I thinking???
Not me, but a close resemblance to what I was doing to myself in high school


What is the thing on your travel/must see/bucket list?

Climb the Washington monument

I have seen this great piece of work a couple different times, but have not had time to wait in line or go inside and climb...yet
Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?

Elle Macphearson....I've been told she's my celebrity double (but I don't know how she does with needles and yarn, or if she owns a decent pair of Mizunos)




Who is your favorite Disney princess?

Belle.....because she saw beauty in everyone (and she loved to read).

What would you sing at karaoke night?

Mamma Mia (actually any ABBA song would do just fine)...because not only do I know all the words, everyone else does, too (so no one would have to listen to me sing a solo)

The Broadway version of Mamma Mia was AWESOME!!!

Who would you want to be stranded on a desert island with?

'nuff said...and he could bring his band along, too

What clothing item/accessory do you have too much of in your closet?

 Scarves, scarves, and scarves! I wear scarves year-round...warm & fuzzy ones in the winter and fall, and light & airy ones in the spring and summer. Solids, stripes, florals, patterns and, my newest craze, cowls. I love 'em all!

#confession I may actually have more scarves than running shirts

What is your biggest pet peeve?

 Bad grammar! Seriously. Is there a "grammar bleep" app (like spell check) available for social media? If so, I wish more people would use it to zap the grammatically incorrect things they try to say.

...and probably rolling my eyes as I do so...just saying


***I'm tagging Karen (at Trading in My Heels), Teri (at Reinventitude), and Fran (at I Run Long).

How about you? Got any answers to share?




11 comments:

  1. Ugh bad grammar. Drives me nuts!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better let me know when you come to climb that monument! I live here and haven't been up it yet!! I was pretty good with a pair of knitting needles for a while too. It was my therapy in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, I loved the big hair days, I MUST admit...I wouldn't be sad if that style came back. My hair is SOOO thin, that the straight style looks terrible on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myhair is pretty flat on it's own, so I totally ROCKED the big hair back in the day. I had it poofed out almost wider than my shoulders LOL. My hair stylist insists I have fine hair (not thin) and a lot of it....I do know it takes forever to blow dry it, so I'm hoping she's on to something. I have learned to embrace what I've got. Although I am constantly fighting the humid Iowa air, I am thankful my hair just gets flat and not frizzy, so there's that :-) #glasshalffull

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the hair. The atrocities my bangs suffered back in the day. Anyway, I'm incredibly impressed with your knitting skills!! There's nothing better than a good sweater, I say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just seeing your comment now! ((oops)) Anyways, thanks for the blogger support ;-) (Fall is officially here, time to dust off the needles and yarn!)

      Delete
  6. This was so fun. I can crochet scarves and made it through 1/3 of a blanket so I am SUPER impressed by your sweaters! They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! As much as I dread the cold weather (winters in Iowa are nasty), I do love playing with my yarn collection...it's one of my coping strategies ;-)

      Delete