Friday, March 8, 2019

Strong Women...let us CELEBRATE them


There are so many strong women in my life.

Being it's International Women's Day, it's the perfect time to honor them.

First of all, there are my two incredible daughters. Even though I often still think of them as my little girls, both are now full-fledged adults. The older one even lives across the country, in Pennsylvania. The younger one, now a freshman in college, is home most every weekend. Both have grown into such amazing, strong and independent women. I couldn't be prouder.
...and my son is pretty awesome, too
There's also my mother. She was a stay-at-home mom for most of my childhood, so I feel very blessed I could always count on her being around after school and in the mornings when I was young.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Kimberly Busse-Hatting, people smiling, people standing
Mother's Day 2018
There are a slew of local women (many of whom are runners). It's great getting together and celebrating our love of all things running on a local level.
Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing, christmas tree, night, tree and outdoor

Let's not forget my main running gal pal, Barb. She's shared countless miles with me in all kinds of conditions...rain, snow, sleet, humidity, (very) early mornings, and late evenings.
Jingle Bell Run 2017
There's one particular woman, Katherine Switzer, whom I have chatted with a couple of times at race expos. She set the pace (quite literally) for not just women runners, but women in general.
at the IMT Des Moines Marathon expo 2015
And, last of all, there are the many women runners I have come to know via my blog. Every one of these amazing runner friends have been every bit as genuine and sweet in person as they've been through my computer screen. Meeting each of them felt more like a reunion than it did a first-time meet-up.
Chicago RnR ReMix weekend, July 2018
So, that's who I am thinking of today.

Do you have any phenomenal women in your life? Friends? Family? Runners? Virtual?

I'm linking this with Meranda and Lacey for the Friday with Fairytales and Fitness link-up. 

 
Are you following me on social media?
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter

14 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite holidays! How amazing is it that we get to surround ourselves with strong and amazing women?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we the lucky ones? I'm thankful you're a part of my tribe ;-)

      Delete
  2. I am thinking of all of the amazing women I am lucky enough to have in my life as well. Have a great day and a fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes to you, too, for a fab weekend ;-) Thanks for being part of my fabulous circle of amazing women ;-)

      Delete
  3. I did not realize it was International Women's Day but this week I have been thinking how thankful I am to have the women in my life that I do. So glad to know you Kim, you are a very strong women as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks!!! We all have many things to be thankful for ;-)

      Delete
  4. We are lucky to be a part of such a strong group of women!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have amazing women in your life! How wonderful to have such strong support from your family, friends and runners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so powerful and we support each other we can be unstoppable. Lovely to meet the amazing women in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers to all of the strong women in your life! I love that you included your kids and your mom! My mom is definitely a strong woman who I admire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of this!

    My mom is, of course, the number one woman in my life. She is followed by the amazing friends I have made along the way. Strength comes in so many shapes and sizes, and I am lucky to have been blessed with so many incredible women in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reunion vs. meetup is a great way to look at it. How awesome that you met Kathrine Switzer. How did that come about? Awesome tribute to the women in your life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your list is full of just regular folk! So many people miss the fact that the women standing right by their sides are the ones they should look up to!

    ReplyDelete