Thursday, September 24, 2026

Runfessing amidst the Rain


Here we go!

It’s time to hit the ‘Fessional before September washes away and October makes its grand arrival. There’s been plenty happening, and there’s a good number of ‘fessions to bring forward. 

Care to join me?

Well, I’m gonna start off by ‘fessing my dread for the fall season. I know, I know. The great majority of mankind is in disagreement with me, but it’s a buzzkill how abruptly our sumner seems to have ended. And let’s not forget what comes (almost immediately!) on the fall season’s shirttails. That said, I fallfess that I will try to make an effort to enjoy the here-and-now instead of dwelling on & dreading what happens after the last leaf hits the ground. Wish me luck on keeping my attitude in check when the cold weather starts taunting  me.

Next, let me rainfess that I’ve seen about all the rain I care to see for the remainder of 2026. Actually, if I could take that a step further, I’d precipfess that I don’t care for any additional precipitation either, including that white stuff which adds to our winter weather stress. 


Speaking of rain, it has forced me to reunite with the spin bike much too soon. While I’m grateful to have access for indoor biking, I bikefess that I deeply miss being on the trail with Krystal. We have (very) tentative plans for a group ride on Saturday or Sunday, but both days’ forecasts are looking sketchy at best. Stay tuned. 

Also, in regards to the recent deluge of rain, I opted for an elliptical session this week. I figured it was better than dwelling on the wet outdoor conditions and would give me additional steps for the day (as well as a legit cardio workout). I’d heard about keeping one’s hands free, instead of holding the hand rails, so my plan was to hold hand weights instead. Ugh. Let’s just fitnessfess that this was an absolute fail, LOL. My hands kept bumping the screen, while the hand rails were still moving in sync with the foot pedals. This made for a rather claustrophobic situation, and my coordination skill set just could not master the technique. 

Finally, as if on cue, my supervisor treated me to some cheesecake on Tuesday (which was, coincidentally, the first day of Fall). I’ve been on a mission to cut my sugar intake, but I’ll sugarfess I had zero guilt subbing this in for my breakfast. I seldom do such indulgent sugar splurging, especially that time of the day, so it probably won’t happen again anytime soon. 


So, that’s all better. I’ve said a few ‘fessions, made my peace, and I think I can move forward into this fall season. I’m also crossing my fingers in hope that this crazy rain will eventually cease.

 How about you? Any ‘fessions that need disclosed? 

I’m linking this with Marcia for the monthly Runfessions link-up


By the way...are you following me on social media?
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment