Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Visit to the February 'Fessional


Just when I think I have nothing to 'fess about...a few seconds later, a few 'fessions come to light. 

Yes, it's that time of the month again (and already). Care to join me?

Got any 'fessions of your own to share? 

If you don't mind, I'll go first...

Well well well. February flew by fast and, in its wake, I was left feeling quite frigid (try saying that three times fast, LOL).  I do recall February 2021 being much colder than January was last year, so this especially cold weather is not anything new or surprising. Granted, snowbirding in Florida (in January) just made the return to Iowa that much more of a shock to the system. Let me freezefess...even with a shortened winter, I'm not any more in love with the winter season than I was before. I can tolerate the cold, but I don't have to love it. End of story.

Speaking of February's frigid weather, I had to summon Milly for a few runs this month. Remember her? She's the treadmill that I thought had crossed the rainbow bridge (almost a year ago), but it seems the old gal still has some life left in her. I rallied with Milly five times, for a grand total of 19 miles (with a possibility of another run Friday morning...when this post gets linked). One of those runs included my #MillyPR of seven miles. Amazingly, these runs didn't feel as dreadful as usual...but I'll millyfess it here and now, I'm ever-so-grateful for the outdoor selfies I always do afterwards. I think a sense of humor is vital in coping with the insane Iowa weather.


I've chatted about the extended daylight recently. Spending almost five weeks in a different (warmer) area, where everything was "new" and out-of-the-ordinary to me, I really didn't notice the days getting longer. Returning to Iowa, though, felt like we'd fast-forwarded to the future. The increased daylight, both in the morning and late afternoon, has been awesome. I colorfess, I have especially been impressed with the breathtaking sunsets of late. Cotton candy skies on fire, anyone?


In non-running-related news, I have to Wordlefess that I finally drank the Kool-Aid. I had a decent 2(ish)-week streak going until Wednesday, when the Wordle of the day was "trove." Hmmm, that's not a word I speak (or even think of) daily. Don't worry, just because I'm playing doesn't mean I'll be "sharing" my results daily...the simple satisfaction of conquering the word is good enough, LOL. 

And, lastly, Momma N gifted Iowa with several inches of snow on Thursday. In keeping with my outdoor streak (still going strong since Thanksgiving 2020, BTW), I went for a walk after work. As much as I whine about the winter weather, I have to snowfess this post-workday walk, in the fresh snow, was pretty magical. The temps were just below freezing (so not outrageously cold) and the wind was almost non-existent. The fat and fluffy snowflakes were beautiful. Now, if winter could be just like this, I'd definitely enjoy the season more and have a much better attitude. Yeah, if only.


Ahhhh, much better. It feels so good to get all those 'fessions out of the way for another month! 

How about you? Any 'fessions that need released? Is your winter lingering, or has it mellowed?

  I'm  linking this with Marcia for the monthly Runfessions link-up



I'm also linking this with MichelleReneeDarleneJenn and Zenaida for the Fit Five Friday Link-up.


By the way...are you following me on social media?
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter

26 comments:

  1. The day the Wordle was trove was my first time playing! I got it in three! Now of course I'm hooked. Haha! Yeah winter is definitely lingering here but I do appreciate the daylight! Love the birdsong as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job with trove! Totally a word not on my radar, especially with the other letters I'd burned through and had remaining. Oh well, the sun still rose the next morning ;-)

      Delete
  2. Every time I get snowed on on the run this winter it’s pellets, not beautiful snowflakes.

    I’m right there with you on not enjoying cold. Never did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't think I've had many runs (if any?) with falling snow this season. These snowflakes were so pretty, and it was such a calm and tranquil experience.

      Delete
  3. We had an amazing spring day on Wednesday, and now it’s back to the 30s (with 20s at night). ~sigh~ I am noticing and enjoying the earlier morning light though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The morning light is amazing! Last Monday, Amy and I had a huge increase in "early morning" daylight well before we'd finished our run. I'm ready for the darkness to disappear!

      Delete
  4. I do love to do the wordle daily and our immediate family shares theirs but I don't feel the need to share it to FB. I had a lucky guess with trove! I also do daily crossword puzzles and love the mental challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the Wordle is a fun break in my day, but I fail to see the significance in sharing it with the world, LOL. I've never been much of a crossword gal, but I totally dominate with Sudoku ;-)

      Delete
  5. Well, at least you have a sense of humor. When I lived up north (near Chicago, where winter was no picnic either) I was too busy shivering, grumbling and swearing to make jokes. Moderate temps with fat fluffy snowflakes does sound nice though- you're right, if winter could always be like that it would be a different story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, living through these Midwest winters requires a sense of humor. While we don't get the high-end extreme heat like you have in the summer months, we do get both extremes with heat and cold. I guess it keeps us young (?)...

      Delete
  6. Yes I bit the bullet and do Wordle every day. I will never post my score- that is annoying.

    I do hate the cold but not enough to run on the treadmill. I do have change my rest days sometimes due to the wether conditions... like today (a big snowstorm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I find it annoying when peeps share their score, especially if they're sharing it on someone's else's post. Kind of a one-upmanship "friendly competition" LOL. Oh well, to each his own ;-)

      Delete
  7. Yep, I'm a daily drinker of the Wordle kool-aid myself. No matter how many word games I have in my life, there's always room for one more.

    I can't wait to say "it's not the heat it's the humidity" instead of "it's not the cold it's the ice".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the word games are fun! They do keep the mind active ;-) Yes, I'm ready for the heat/humidity!!

      Delete
  8. Hahaha!! Love your creativity when it comes to these 'fessions as well as your brilliant use of alliterations! I haven't tried wordle yet but getting intrigued day by day - I fear though it's something I would enjoy a tad too much so thinking it might be better to stay away! Well done on getting through those Milly Miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wordle is fun, but I can totally see where it could become addicting. Milly will probably be put into hibernation this next week...forecast is showing temps in the 50F's ALL WEEK!!!!!

      Delete
  9. I do get a kick out of Wordle - I'm a couple weeks in and my streak continues, though there have been a couple that have definitely threatened to put an end to it!

    I would definitely take more of the big fluffy stuff vs. some of the frigid temps and ice we've had. In the 60s earlier this week but snow and sleet today...sigh. The extra daylight is a win for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am figuring out some strategy to Wordle, but there also is quite a bit of luck with the random letters that may (or may not) appear in the chosen word of the day. Yes, those fluffy snowflakes were a nice change from the bitter cold wind winter conditions we've had.

      Delete
  10. No Wordle yet for me. Ugh, I am definitely over the snow. I want it to all go away and not come back for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a beautiful forecast for next week, so our snow will be history by Monday I expect. Good riddance!

      Delete
  11. I'm still going strong with Wordle. I also like Worldle, with is a geography game. It's hard but I'm doing ok at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Peloton Wordle a bunch of us have been playing as well...more fitness-based. Lots of options!

      Delete
  12. Here after many spring days a terrible weather has come: strong and cold wind from north. It's impossible to walk too!
    I've never experienced in my city a wind like this in the past. In this case the treadmill would have been useful!
    And...... no Wordle yet for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, that strong and cold wind from the north sounds exactly like what I've been living with, LOL. I feel your pain!

      Delete
  13. Our weather here is obviously milder than Iowa but it’s been a chilly week and I’m ready for some slightly warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wordle! I love it. I have to finish todays.

    We had a cold snap yesterday and it was awful. I'm ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete