Thursday, November 30, 2023

Holiday Chatter & Whatnot


Could anyone else go for a hot, soothing beverage? How about some lively chatter among friends?

Myself? I'm a big fan of combing the two. After all, is there anything better than gathering with friends, over coffee (or any beverage of ones choosing)?

What say we rally the troops, and exchange some banter... 

Allow me to begin...

If we were having some holiday chatter, I'd start by sharing my November stats. It was an active month, but not a crazy intensive one. After October's two races, I was ready to regroup and scale things back (a bit) in prepping for the upcoming Runner's World Winter Run Streak. The running was decent, but the walking took a big hit (due to the suddenly cold temps towards the end of the month). Biking was alright, but it's pretty obvious I much prefer to be on the hybrid (or mountain bike) outdoors. 

Speaking of the Streak, if we were having some holiday chatter, I'd give you an update. As this post goes live (on Friday, December 1), we're already 10 days in. Counting the 1-mile run (due to take place over Friday's lunch hour), I'll be at 25 miles. Not bad, considering four of those runs are 1-milers. It's hard to believe I'm 1/4 of the way through the Streak. Time flies.

If we were having some holiday chatter, I'd boast about already having both of my Christmas trees up, one of which is a 9-footer that has to be assembled the old-fashioned way, row-by-row! No, they're not fully decorated (yet), but both have all the lights, ribbons and bows in place. With Thanksgiving being early this year, some may see it as an opportunity to take their time in getting the holiday decorations displayed. I see it as getting an extra week (or thereabouts) to enjoy all the glitz and glamour of the season, LOL. I set a goal of having the trees at least in place before last weekend ended. Mission accomplished by Saturday evening.


Another thing I'd mention, if we were having some holiday chatter, is how crazy cold it got this week! We're talking January feels-like temps (and wind!), thank you very much. I think my body was forced to acclimate overnight (quite literally), because the mid-week above-freezing temps felt rather balmy. I mean, it felt like the spring thaw; I didn't even wear my coat going to/from work on Wednesday or Thursday. Yes, me, the gal who detests the cold weather.


Finally, if we were having some holiday chatter, I'd tell you about our full moon run (Monday night). Even though the temps were cold, the wind was pretty mild. Ironically, it was actually the warmest part of the entire day! The moon played a tricky game of Hide & Seek, but we did manage to grab a quick selfie with it. You know, priorities.


Anyways, November was an oddly warm month, at least in the Midwest. It was nice while it lasted (very nice!), but when the real seasonal weather finally made an appearance it was a nasty shock to the system. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but Brrr! 

Well, I guess I've talked enough, LOL. Maybe I ought to step aside and let someone else have the floor.

If we were having some holiday chatter, what would you care to share? How did your November play out? Are you ready for the cold weather, or the busy holiday season? Any decorating on the roster (or are you done)? 


 Since it' s the first weekend of the month, I'm linking this with Deborah and Coco for the Ultimate Coffee Date.


I'm also linking this with MichelleReneeDarleneJenn and Zenaida for the Fit Five Friday Link-up.



By the way...are you following me on social media? 
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter

21 comments:

  1. I love your red tree! I have a lot of work stuff in December, so I got my tree up last weekend and I did do some shopping—but no wrapping yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started shopping, but that's about it. Still have some significant purchases to make.....and need to gear up for some baking!

      Delete
  2. That is great that your streak is off to a great start. I know how much you enjoy it. I am impressed by. Your bike miles! Your trees look fab! Happy decorating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, already ten days into the streak- time really does fly!!! My house is about halfway decorated for Christmas and I'm determined to finish this weekend. Your red tree is cool- please share a photo when it's fully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red tree has a few ornaments, but I don't do much else with it. The red is so colorful, I don't want too much extra stuff to distract from the red glow.

      Delete
  4. We've definitely had some pretty cold weather for the most part in November.

    This is the time of year I enjoy being Jewish -- so much less pressure. Enjoy your trees & whatever celebrations you partake in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! I'm so used to all the holiday hustle and bustle, I don't know anything else, LOL!

      Delete
  5. I am Jewish but I still decorate my house... lots of snowmen, gnomes and plenty of holiday spirit.

    We've had cold weather but nothing too cold to skip a run. I seem to always overdress because you do get warm when you run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The overdressing is something I deal with frequently. I'd much rather be too hot than too cold.

      Delete
  6. Your trees are so pretty! I've got all decor up EXCEPT for the tree. Oh well, maybe Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going "minimal" with other decorations this year, but the trees are always my favorite focus anyways.

      Delete
  7. I don't know how we lucked out with the great weather in November, but I will take it!

    Happy streaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish the November weather was here to stay (except for the last few days, that is).

      Delete
  8. Crazy to think you're already that far into your streak! Time is flying.

    Your trees are pretty! I'm hoping to start decorating this weekend though given the current construction I think it will be fairly low-key for us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that November was warm and it is unusual. But, I am not complaining. Love your trees. Mine is in the attic in a box. I haven't put mine up in years because of my cats and there is no room in the house. But once I get my own then that baby will be up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees are a lot of work, but I'm always glad to do it.

      Delete
  10. I'm definitely all about the hot/warm comforting drinks right now! :]

    I love that you have 2 Christmas trees, hehe. We're thinking of maybe getting stuff to decorate next year but for this year, probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job on your run streak!

    I am so not ready for cold weather, but I guess I don't really have a choice.

    Love your trees! As of this evening, I finally finished decorating when I got lights and garland on the stair banisters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to get a start on your streak. You know I am a streaker in my own way so I appreciate the commitment :)

    Love your decorated tree! We put ours up but part of the string lights went out and now I have to replace the whole thing, so it's not complete (yet).

    ReplyDelete