Thursday, January 9, 2020

Five 4 Friday - Current Hashtags


How do YOU feel about hashtags?

Do you use them? Abuse them? Roll your eyes at them? Or, do you get a good laugh at a few random clever ones sprinkled into an Instagram post?

It's no secret that I use them frequently, and not just on Insta. They have a way of revealing a bit more insight into a story or situation, without any unnecessary words or sentences. Although not always grammatically correct, they are a unique nuance to modern day vocabulary.

Anyways, here's five hashtags I've been using a lot recently...

#thisismycoffee (usually paired with #fastedcardio)
I'm an early-riser. I kind of have to be if I want to get a decent workout done before I head off to my job, every morning, by 8:00. None the less, I love the early-mornings! Even if it's an active rest/recovery day, I'm up and moving (usually before 5:30, sans an alarm most days). I joke that the early morning sweat acts like my coffee, and I seriously mean that. The coffee (or rather, chai latte') doesn't happen until after the workout is done...if at all.

#optoutside
I do not have to elaborate on my preference to be outside, even in the crazy (cold) Iowa weather. Just like I start most days early, I also sneak in some kind of fitness outside on the daily as well. So what if I have to succumb to multiple layers? I will do almost anything, and I do mean anything, to avoid the dreaded treadmill.

#ithappens
I have learned to embrace a sense of humor. Heck, life is too short to be a snarky, uptight pessimist. Besides, an occasional #selfiebust makes us all laugh at ourselves. For example, after Wednesday's run, I had a car pull up and ask me for directions....the split second my camera's timer snapped. Has that ever happened to you?

#upandatit #literally (okay, that's actually two)
It's that time of year again...I'll be adding more stair workouts into my HIIT's in preparation for the Fight for Air Climb (March 29th in Des Moines, IA). I have really grown to love my HIIT workouts, and doing stair-training is a perfect compliment to my running. The incline mimics hill repeats (which I also kind of like). Add in some triple-steps (in slow motion, on that stairway) and it's like step-ups on steroids.

#itsmydaymyway
I recently came up with a 2020 motto...It's My Day My Way. I often get bored doing the same old-same old, so I'm a huge advocate for mixing things up. I've always done things my way, especially with my fitness endeavors. If something feels right, I go with it...even if "everyone" else isn't on board. I have learned what does (and what does not) work for me, and I follow my gut instinct. That's what gets me through a run streak, or keeps me afloat if my rest days aren't as restful as someone else's. We all have a responsibility to do what is right for us and not let the naysayers bring us down.


What do you think?

Do you like to play with hashtags? Got any favorites? Do you take the time to read through them when you're scrolling through social media?

I'm linking this with Meranda and Lacey for the Friday with Fairytales and Fitness link-up. 

 

Are you following me on social media?
Let's connect : Facebook Instagram  Pinterest Twitter

21 comments:

  1. Ha - I love your selfie fail! In my photo a day group we call it "Doing a Deborah" after a famous pic where said lady set up her camera timer and caught herself climbing onto one of those picnic benches, leg in the air, with a hilarious worried/concentrating expression. I have been using #Runnersofinstagram and #marathontraining on insta, however I'm a bit rubbish at posting on there so not really using the things fully! Oh, in the photo group we also have #notaprison for one guy's quite miserable looking workplace, and #workings for me because I like a digger or truck or an open cover with wires and bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hashtags are fun :-) The selfie fail reminds me of a post I've been meaning to do for years (literally) about failed selfies...believe me, I have a great collection.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing funny hashtags! And I like your 2020 motto. Yes, it's true, not everyone is on board with fasted workouts or streaks but it doesn't matter. I enjoy reading people's different approaches to fitness and sometimes I'm motivated to try things out. You never know who you'll inspire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We all have different approaches to fitness, and I agree with you that it's interesting to see how we each do it. I'm constantly motivated to try new things by observing others :-)

      Delete
  3. I runfess I only use hashtags based on how they'll be searched and I don't read other people's tags. I did have a selfie fail recently but I managed to get myself out of the pic and capture the people walking past. Haha! I feel so ridiculous but then I see people in the gym monopolizing equipment for their selfies. Now THAT I would never do! Your 2020 motto is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd be doing selfies in a gym setting either. Somehow, I have no problem doing them out in broad daylight (or under a street light), though LOL

      Delete
  4. I love a good hashtag and I love #itsmydaymyway - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The #itsmydaymyway just came to me the other day, and it seemed right. Stay tuned...I might be elaborating it on it bit more next week :-)

      Delete
  5. I do use hashtags on Twitter. Yours are so much more creative and fun than mine. I can never think of good ones! Most of my selfies are #selfiebusts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seldom on Twitter. I share most of my Insta posts there, but that's about it. I don't put a lot of forethought into most of the hashtags; a lot of them are kind of spontaneous LOL

      Delete
  6. I admit I don't always read all of the hashtags in posts. I do capitalize the first letter of it each word bc it makes it easier to read: #DontYouThink vs #dontyouthink Although I am looking for new ones to borrow sometimes. I have selfie fails all the time #ItHappens right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes capitalize the first letters of the words, too...but a lot of times I don't because it looks like Insta saves them all in lowercase (?). I almost had another self fail this morning when a campus security officer pulled over to ask me if I was alright (as I was setting the timer on my phone LOL)

      Delete
  7. Seriously, I'm not a big fan of hashtags but I use them cause you kind of have to.

    I'm totally with you on always mixing things up -- in all areas of life! I was just thinking I need to come up with a fun post, because things have gotten kind of serious on the blog & I do like to bust out some smiles sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my Friday posts tend to go with a "fun" theme. A lot of times, there are numerous random things to share that have no connection (other than being totally random).

      Delete
  8. I love that motto for 2020! I try to remember to use hashtags on instagram but have to admit that I often just forget. #bloggerfail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few key hashtags I use for almost every post, but I try to sprinkle in a couple of random ones that are "post-specific," as well. I don't think there's any hard or fast rules :-)

      Delete
  9. I admit I don't always read hashtags unless I am looking for something. I have been using a lot of hashtags in my posts lately because I know I use them to search for things. Lately I've been trying to find people to follow who run with their labs.
    I adore your hashtag #itsMyDayMyWay I think too often people think they need to mimic what they see on social media. What works for one runner, doesn't always work for another runner. I admit I've been refraining from posting my runs lately (something I use to enjoy doing), only because I've got into such a routine of running 2 or 3 miles and I almost feel lousy posting pics with the same "3 Miles" label, because to most people 3 miles is nothing. Thanks for linking up! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I seldom use the search feature for hashtags. I should, but I seldom have the time to weed through all the pics that show up (many of which make me wonder HOW they are linked to the specific hashtags). Running 2-3 miles is not something to be ashamed of! If those runs are working for YOU, that's all that matters! There's probably many others who are running the same (or similar) distance(s) and would love to know they're not alone :-)

      Delete
  10. I don’t think I use enough hashtags or even play with them to reveal more meaning on to my post. Thanks for giving me the idea! I like your 2020 motto of #itsmydaymyway. I’ve been avoiding the cold weather (not as cold as yours!) but I’m opting outside for my run today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! I have not been on Instagram much lately because I have been super busy, but I love all the hashtags!!

    ReplyDelete